We are back!

And I think my post-vacation blues have hit an all-time low. We have decided that from now on, we will be booking AT LEAST a full 7 days on any future vacations as 4 is just not enough time to completely relax and let go of life's stresses.

Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining as Mexico was gorgeous as always ... fantastic weather, super tasty food and lot's of relaxation, however, coming back mid-week .... WHAT was I thinking?!?!

I have posted a few pics below of the hotel we stayed at (Hotel Secreto):


* Ferry ride over to the Island

* The waters here are UNBELIEVABLE people!

* Isla Mujeres from the Ferry


After driving past our hotel several times, Mags FINALLY spotted the nondescript signage on the front of the gates. I knew it was a hidden hotel, but not this hidden! What was behind those gates though was a little slice of heaven ...


* Only 12 rooms makes for great service

* View of pool/hot tub from our balcony


* Breakfast was served each morning on either our balcony or by the pool

* Beach in front of the hotel was a bit rocky, however,
Playa Norte (North Beach) was literally a 5 minute walk away

In the mornings, usually before breakfast, Hubs and I tried to get in a good walk for a little exercise before vegging out for the day.  We discovered a cliff walk that followed along the water for a ways and took advantage of the moody morning clouds and scenery ...



All in all, the trip was awesome! We really do feel a special bond with this island ... the locals are over-the-top friendly and accomodating, the atmosphere is really chill and the landscape/views are so serene. We will definitely be headed back next year for round 4.


* The Ferry ride back to Cancun.... looks like I traded in my husband for a local ;) 


2 comments:

marcusbalbus said...

well you seemed ok today and you look great, so stop your bellaching!

Jinnie and Magnus said...

The first day back was a shock to the system, but I'm back into the swing of things now ;)