Warm weather how I love thee ....

It is back to reality for this old gal after 3 of the most gloriously relaxing days ever ... *sigh. This past Thursday my Sister and I shipped off to Miami in the wee hours to cheer on the Hubs as he ran his first half-marathon over the weekend. We wanted to get in as much R&R as possible, so we flew out extremely early in order to make the most of the day. It was totally worth it once we arrived and were able to hit the beach a little before Noon.



After hanging out at the beach for a bit we were finally able to check into our room around 3 and it was definitely worth the wait! I decided to put us up in a boutique hotel (Edgewater Hotel) right on Ocean Drive after reading a bunch of great reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a lot less than staying in one of the chain hotels along Collins and it felt more personal. The service was definitely a lot friendlier and more attentive as well. Plus you got free WiFi in your room, free continental breakfast on the Terrace and beach chairs/towels for the beach right across the street! Tripadvisor never steers me wrong!


* Photo I took from the Terrace via my Hipstamatic iPhone App

Basically for the remainder of the day we took a long walk down Ocean Drive to the tip that overlooks Fisher Island, planned out our itinerary for the remainder of the trip (laying out/bike riding and eating) and had a very relaxing dinner at Sushi Samba Dromo. While getting ready for our little jaunt to the tip of South Beach, I came to the realization that my "bump" is finally out in full force ...


* I guess I can longer say "there is nothing to look at yet," as there clearly is :)

The following day, my Sister and I ate a quick breakfast and headed out to rent some bikes to enjoy the sites!


* I may be killed for posting this haha

* If you haven't caught on by now, Kelsey is my model since I no longer take a good photo....


* My bike along with Fisher Island in the background

* A couple of the wild cats we saw hanging out on this side of the Island

Before we had left for our bike ride in the am, we noticed a group of people setting up a photo shoot right outside the bedroom window on the roof of the building next door.... I never really see this type of thing so up-close in NYC so naturally I was a little bit excited (until they decided to play the same JLo song on repeat ALL DAY LONNNGGGGGG ugh). I told Kelsey that I thought the model resembled JLo but was shot down since her lady lumps were not quiet "lumpy" enough and what celebrity would be vain enough to listen to their own music on repeat for 8 hours?!

* We later found out via Popsugar that it was in fact JLo herself! Damn I have good eyes ;)

After all the excitement of the photo shoot, bike ride and more laying on the beach (what an EXHAUSTING life ha) Mags finally got in from his flight and we headed off to Joe's Stone Crab to get our dinner on and enjoy some delicious seafood! I have read before that this is one of Martha Stewart's favorite eateries in Miami and in the words of Kelsey, "if it's good enough for Martha, it is good enough for me!"

Afer stuffing our gullets, we headed off to bed to ensure some quality sleep for Mr. Marathon!

The Hubs had a 4:00am wakeup call on Sunday morning, meaning I also had a 4:00am wakeup call to ensure proper pre-race nutrition and see him off. Here he is all pumped for the race.... er... as pumped as one can be at 4:30am...


* Excuse the dim lighting... this was all I would let him turn on in terms of lamps

I need to put it out there that I am EXTREMELY proud of Magnus that he accomplished his goal of a half-marathon. He had a few derailments in terms of training for the marathon (Christmas in Sweden for 2 weeks could have set him back), but he really pulled through and he looked so happy with himself after the run. He was truly beaming! Sorry if this is a really lame way to explain  your manly hubbie haha, but it's true! I wish I had a picture of the two of us after the race, but they are on our other camera and being the bad wife that I am, I didn't get any iPhone photos (shame on me!).

I also need to say Thank You to Mags for picking an awesome location for his first half so my Sister and I could (selfishly) enjoy a nice long weekend in the sun! Thanks honey buns! Until the next half ... please let it be somewhere equally as sunny and far away from New York ;)


0 comments: