Quiet days ....

on the UpsateHaven front. We have no new projects to report on and we haven't been upstate in over 3 weeks... it feels like a lifetime! The next time we are at the upstate home there are so many little things that need to be done in order to get the house ready for Thanksgiving and Magnus's Mom's stay..... cleaning/arranging some new furniture (although nothing big) and more cleaning haha. You could say I have cleaning issues.... it is how I take out my frustrations and also it keeps me calm (even though while I am in the process of it I can get quite surly).

As I've reported in previous posts, we are hosting our families annual Thanksgiving dinner and instead of only celebrating with either my Mom's side or Dad's side this year, everyone is invited! I would love to be able to zoom through the next few weeks and just get to Thanksgiving already. The thought of hosting so many people (18 if everyone attends) is nerve racking... but making me more excited than anything to show how the house is turning out, our festive tables and all enjoy some yummy potluck style Thanksgiving dinner... I'm drooling just thinking about turkey/stuffing and green bean casserole (wouldn't be a holiday without it!).

My ultimate TGiving table would look something like this...

* Pic from Decor Ideas via Pinterest
everyone will just have to settle for some good old gords/tea lights and pumpkins.... maybe some antlers from my parents very own garage if we are feeling extra festive!

Any recipes out there that we should bring to the table this year other than the usual Thanskgiving staples? ..... green bean casserole..... fresh cranberry sauce with orange zest..... pumpkin pie... definitely looking for something new this year to accompany Tom Turkey.

2 comments:

skylanedesigns said...

Corn Casserole!!!
INGREDIENTS
1 stick melted butter (I do use a little less to make me feel better about it)
1 cup sour cream
1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 can Cream Corn

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients and bake in an 8 x 8 pan at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. To double use a 9 x 13 and cook for 50 minutes.

Jinnie and Magnus said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious!