Juggling it all ...

while dealing with a crazy 7 month old ... HAH! That is what I say about that! I WISH I could juggle it all. Sadly, if I get all the dishes done and a child who is alive and not screaming by the time Hubs come home I call it a successful day. Please someone enlighten me on how you can get everything marked off "to-do" list with a baby who is now on the move (ALL THE TIME!) and going through a new learning period which is making her irritable, whiny and needy. I recently purchased an amazing book called: "The Wonder Weeks" by Hetty van de Rijt, Ph.D. and Frans Plooij, Ph.D.. Let me tell you, the authors really know what they are talking about and hit the nail on the head with each and every week/month the babies are at in their development. Thank goodness I finally broke down and bought it because I was starting to feel like maybe I was giving A too much attention, or maybe not enough attention, overwhelming her with toys or perhaps she wasn't eating enough?! ... and the list goes on. Turns out, A is just at a new learning phase and when this happens the babies are more needy, whiny, sleep less etc. I'm really relieved to know it isn't something I inflicted or brought out of her. PHEW!


We will traveling this weekend to Miami for our first mini family vacation, so please with us luck! We will need it.

2 comments:

Amy M. said...

Good luck! I am sure you are doing an awesome job as a Mommy! I pretty much wore my kids for the first year in the sling and then the front carrier. I am sure there were times when it wasn't the safest, like taking stuff out of the oven, but it was the only way I could get anything accomplished.

Athena said...

Great book, it is spot-on.