After all that lack of posting...

and complaining that I had no photos to post on here of before and afters, now I am completely overwhelmed with available posts. The hubs and I were once again up at UpstateHaven this past weekend and actually, for once, got a ton of small projects out of the way. It definintely helped that the weather was amazing, making any outdoor reno a must!

I'll start with Hubbie's project from this past weekend... the garage door! We love the old school look of the garage door as well as the sturdiness of it, so we decided to re-paint it and spruce it up a bit.... see how long we can ride it out before getting a new one someday.

Here is the before/after:


* I think Hubs really did a stellar job on freshening it up and making it look quasi-new again!

Next up is the back of our house.... when we purchased this house, there was a dead tree that needed removing before it came crashing down on our roof, a roof that needed new shingles and as I have posted before, the windows that needed replacing. After we took care of those 3 things, we decided it was time to add shutters to any windows missing them and replacing the old ones to get a more uniform look.

Here is what we ended up with (before/after):


* Loving the baby shutters my Uncle custom made for our petite upstairs bathroom window :)

The final outdoor project I was able to start this weekend was painting the old bedframe from my Grandma's bedroom. All the pieces we found in the house were super sturdy and well built, while we couldn't keep them all, one of the ones we decided to keep was the bedframe for a guest room! I decided that spray painting the frame (after a good scrubbing and some primer) would be the best option.... not sure that was the fasest and best way to go in all honesty. I used a full can on only one side of the headboard... meaning I still have 3 more sides of bedrame to go. It looks pretty decent though so far, despite inhaling way too many fumes and the paint hitting more grass than actual wood.

* Here is the home of the old bed..... BOY have things changed in this room. I cannot wait to share the proof with everyone!

It continuously blows my mind as to what new paint can do to just about anything!

Many more posts to come!!!

0 comments: